New Kingdom, Ancient Egypt
ca. 1390–1295 B.C.
Who we are
Global Sage is a retained executive search firm that specializes in financial services and a range of business services and industries. Over the past 23 years, we have become a global leader in talent acquisition. With operations in thirteen key locations around the world, we pride ourselves on a unique ability to combine a personalized, boutique-type service with a world-class level of resources that is typically reserved for the largest firms.
Collection of Personal Data: Individuals
Global Sage collects various personal data that may be of relevance to our searches of executives for our Clients. This personal data is collected to manage all aspects of the executive search process and services, including the evaluation and validity of your profile to determine your suitability and interest in for executive search assignments conducted by our Clients.
The information related to your interactions with our company and clients, will be used during the course of the service we are providing to you. We may also use this data to create data sets for research, statistics and analytic purposes and creating knowledge pieces. (White Paper).
We may collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
– Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means, or when you provide us with your CV or business card). In addition to any personal data you might supply to us, we also may collect data from former employees, your references, sources and background checks.
– Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you are a client or are a candidate) and/or through our interactions that our company or Clients have with you through personal meetings, emails, telephone conversations and by any other means, as permitted by applicable law.
– Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data that you choose to make public or from 3rd party sources, (e.g., LinkedIn, news reports, Bloomberg, press releases, conference attendee lists or company websites etc.)
– Clients: Clients may provide us with personal information about certain candidates in connection with our services. This may relate to individuals they have identified that they would like us to assess through our services. We therefore would process the information as a processor on our Clients’ behalf. We use this information to provide services to our Client and as instructed by our Client. We are not responsible for our Clients’ privacy or security practices.
– Site data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you visit any of our Sites or use any features or resources available on or through a Site.
– Registration details: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you use, or register to use, any of our Sites, or services.
We will consider any information that we collect directly from you as having been provided voluntarily and that you have given us your consent to retain that data and only share with Clients’ that you have consented to sharing with.
– Marketing pieces: We may send you proprietary intelligence in the form of a service offerings, white papers, industry reports and event invitations etc. This will only be sent if we deem the material to be of interest and relevant to you. You will have the option to opt-out at any time.
Collection of Personal Data: Clients
We typically collect and retain
information about you or Individuals in your organization relating to the
services we provide to you, to manage our relationship and account with
you. We also retain information relating to you and the candidates that we
are communicating with to execute our executive search services. We will retain
all information relating to the search process in addition to any additional
information that you or someone in your organization may have shared with us.
The purposes for which we may Process Personal Data, subject to applicable law, include:
– Provision of services to you: providing our services to you; providing you with services that you have requested; providing you with data/intelligence at your request; and communicating with you in relation to those services.
– Communications: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person) news items and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate; and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required.
– Communications and IT operations: management of our communications systems; operation of IT security systems; and IT security audits.
– Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our services.
– Our Sites: operating and managing our Sites; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; communicating and interacting with you via our Sites; and notifying you of changes to any of our Sites, or our services.
– Legal compliance: compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law.
Processing of Personal Data
Global Sage retains and manages personal data in our global database.
– Consent: We may process your Personal Data where we have obtained your prior, express consent to the processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
– Legitimate interests: We may process your Personal Data where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or conducting our business activities, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms;
– Contractual necessity: We may process your Personal Data where the processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us;
– Compliance with applicable law: We may process your Personal Data where the processing is required by applicable law.
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not seek to collect or otherwise process your Sensitive Personal Data in the ordinary course of our business. Where it becomes necessary to process your Sensitive Personal Data for any reason, we rely on one of the following legal bases:
– Consent: We may process your Sensitive Personal Data where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to processing your Sensitive Personal Data (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
– Compliance with applicable law: We may process your Sensitive Personal Data where the processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations).
– Establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights: We may process your Sensitive Personal Data where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights.
International transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data Rights and Access
Your legal rights: Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data, including:
– the right not to provide your Personal Data to us (however, please note that we may be unable to provide you with the full benefit of our Sites, or our services, if you do not provide us with your Personal Data – e.g., we may not be able to process your orders without the necessary details);
– the right to request access to, or copies of, your Relevant Personal Data, together with information regarding the nature, Processing and disclosure of those Relevant Personal Data;
– the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Relevant Personal Data;
– the right to request, on legitimate grounds:
• erasure of your Relevant Personal Data; or
• restriction of Processing of your Relevant Personal Data;
– the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf;
– where we Process your Relevant Personal Data on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any Processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Data in reliance upon any other available legal bases); and
– the right to lodge complaints with a Data Protection Authority regarding the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
– the right to opt-out of any marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we may send you.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
– we may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights; and
– where your request requires the establishment of additional facts (e.g., a determination of whether any Processing is non-compliant with applicable law) we will investigate your request reasonably promptly, before deciding what action to take.
How we protect your information
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures to help ensure that your information is as secure as is possible. We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that:
– your Personal Data that we Process are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; and
– any of your Personal Data that we Process that are inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) are erased or rectified without delay.
From time to time we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data.
Updates to this notice
We may update this notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update we will take the necessary measure to keep you informed.
Please feel free to contact us with any concerns, comments or questions you may have. You may email us email@example.com.